After attending a fabulous party one tends to rave about the entertainment, décor, food, etc., but rarely do you think about all the work that went on behind the scenes. According to Brett Galley, the Director of Special Events and owner of Hollywood Pop Gallery, “that is exactly how we want the guests to feel”. Brett and her team have designed and produced private parties and corporate events including weddings, benefits, fundraisers, and concerts for notable clients and organizations including American Express, Diana Ross, Robert DeNiro, Bette Milder, The New York Yankees and The Museum of Modern Art.
Hollywood Pop Gallery’s ultimate goal is to provide each client and their guests with a once-in-an-lifetime experience. And with Brett’s natural creative edge her approach and execution is “anything but cookie cutter”. With each client they meet, Brett and “team POP” set out to surprise, inspire and celebrate whatever the occasion may be. By offering clients a comprehensive selection of entertainment, décor and top-notch party planning services, Brett and her team are sure to make any event “Pop” no matter the budget.
Currently Brett and her team are working on a variety of events and concerts for New York Fashion Week, the holidays, and personal celebrations.
Below are some quick tips from Brett on why working with a planner with save you not only time, but also money.
Party Girl Advice: Perks of a Planner
Working with an expert party and event planner allows the following benefits:
· Save Money – Event planners are constantly building relationships with vendors, venues and other party needs. Through these relationships it is likely that the event planner will be able secure services for a significantly less price than a “one time” shopper would be able to alone. “It is not unlikely that by working with a party planner you could save as much as 20% or more,” states Brett.
· Save Time – There are never enough hours in the day, so instead of spreading ones-self too thin doing something that someone else can do more efficiently and effectively, hire an experienced party planner “As party planners we thrive on putting the perfect party plan in place and can execute more details in less time, allowing the client to focus on other things” explains Brett. “By hiring a capable and imaginative party planner, clients are much less likely to experience regret that they just didn’t have the time to take care of something. We handle every detail and ensure that it is perfect.”
· Knowledge & Experience – Event planners gain extensive knowledge and wisdom regarding events and parties. They know the latest trends, newest venues, hottest entertainment, budget-saving secrets, and perhaps most importantly can anticipate most problems before they even arise. “Event planners plan hundreds of parties per year so they will be able to share details that you may not be aware of if you only plan one or two events annually. Particularly when it comes to a major life event that most people only have occasion to plan once, our extensive experience will ensure they don’t make any preventable mistakes.” says Brett.
· Contacts are Key – “A planner is nothing without their Network of contacts!” explains Brett. From lighting to décor to magic and more, all the right contacts are at their fingertips and they’ve usually worked with them multiple times, eliminating concern about each vendor’s credibility. The relationships Hollywood Pop has built over the years, ease any concern over vendors credibility and standard of service.
· Peace of Mind – Despite all the planning, preparation and management, most events inevitably encounter an unforeseen hiccup. Keeping any snags from guests and ensuring the host or hostess loses as little time possible in its resolution are vital. “Having a planner by your side is a great source of comfort because we know who to call and how to remedy a situation quickly,” explains Brett. “We have had to troubleshoot missing limos, fallen wedding gown hems, canceled entertainment, and so much more.” Planners provide a sense of security and can secure the resources to resolve an issue seamlessly.
At the end of the day, the right planner will serve as an extension of the party thrower. They do all the “heavy-lifting” so the client can enjoy the event with their guests.
Party planning is an art form, and Brett and her team at Hollywood Pop Gallery have the talent!
Meet Brett Galley
Brett Galley is the Director of Special Events and Founder of Hollywood Pop Gallery. After graduating from art school, Brett and her mother, celebrated artist Joyce Galley, opened an art gallery in Greenwich, CT that quickly became a popular venue for events. Recognizing her passion for bringing to life the events that her clients could only dream of, she transitioned to the role of Entertainment Director for New York City’s iconic eatery Tavern on the Green before launching Hollywood Pop Gallery in Greenwich, Connecticut in 1993. Offices in Manhattan opened in 2006 and London in 2010. Brett has produced events and concerts for American Express, Diana Ross, Robert DeNiro, Whoopie Goldberg, Bette Midler, Bon Jovi, the New York Yankees and the Museum of Modern Art.
About Hollywood Pop Gallery – www.hollywoodpop.com
Hollywood Pop Gallery is the first event planning and production company combining full-service event planning for your specific budget with the creativity and imagination of a team steeped in the arts and entertainment industries. HPG designs and produces a wide array of all private parties and corporate events including benefits, corporate parties and events, fundraisers, & name talent and concert bookings. Their work has featured such notable performers as John Mellencamp, Tony Bennett, Katy Perry, Olivia Newton-John, Seal, Donna Summer, Earth Wind & Fire, and Bon Jovi. Charity and fundraising events have included The United States Olympic Committee, The Robin Hood Foundation, The Audubon Society, Bette Midler’s Hulaween, Rockin’ for a Reason, and The Central Park Conservancy.